Patients who have their procedures performed at Eastwind Surgical enjoy the convenience of a centrally located facility with easily accessible parking and a streamlined registration process. Eastwind Surgical offers an inviting and comfortable environment designed for efficiency, comfort, safety, and privacy. Patients can rest assured that the friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals at Eastwind Surgical will treat them with the utmost care and respect throughout their procedure, as outcomes and patient satisfaction are the true measures of our success.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do The Day Of Surgery …
- It is your responsibility to make advance arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult.
- Failure to meet these guidelines could result in the cancellation of your procedure.
- Please bring your insurance card with you and a form of photo identification.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safe keeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- Please shower or bathe prior to your surgery.
- Wear casual and comfortable clothing and shoes. Wear something that is easy to change and will allow for bandages following surgery.
- You will be provided with a patient gown.
- Leave jewelry and other valuables at home.
- Please bring a list of prescription medications you are currently taking.
- Please be aware you will be required to sign a consent form for your surgery.
- Your family may wait in our lobby and rejoin you upon discharge.
- Parents/guardians of minor patients must remain in the surgery center during the patient’s entire stay.
- Please bring any paperwork you may have received from your surgeon’s office. Please complete any paperwork prior to arrival.
- If you hold power of attorney or guardianship over a patient, you MUST bring a copy of a durable medical POA or Guardianship papers in order to sign consents for that patient.