Once your procedure/surgery has been completed, you will be taken to our recovery area, where your friends and family can visit with you in a private setting.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do After Surgery …
- It is your responsibility to make advance arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult.
- You will receive written instructions for your care that may include activity, medication, diet and rest. Contact your physician if you have any questions or problems.
- Plan to be in a recovery area for 15 minutes to 1 hour following surgery. For more extensive spine surgery, you may be in recovery for 2 to 3 hours.
- Do not drive, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages or operate machinery for 24 hours, or sign important papers following surgery.
- A nurse will contact you the next working day to check your status.